Presentation & Discussion: Survey Methodology
1:30pm-2:45pm on Monday, 5/21/2018
This session will explore challenges of collecting non-survey data, including interviewer training and standardization, as well as implementation and analysis. Come learn about a variety of ancillary data collection efforts and how different organizations approached them.
- Measuring Living Space Through the Use of Laser Tape Measurement Devices on Household Surveys - Juan Carlos Donoso, Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan
- Utilizing EMA with an Older Population - Lekha Venkataraman, NORC
- A Novel Approach for Conveniently and Securely Collecting Personal Health Data - Lew Berman, ICF
- Don't Say "Blood"! Using Lay Interviewers to Collect Red Drops from Young Children - Barbara Lohr Ward and Veronica Connors-Burge, Univ of Michigan Survey Research Center Survey Operations Group
- Sleep and Activity in People Over the Age of 50: Recruitment and Procedures for a Pilot Field Study - Hillary Hanson, University of Chicago Survey Lab; Nicoletta Knoble, University of Chicago Survey Lab