Information for International Attendees
We do not collect membership dues, nor do we have any public or private sponsorship. As such, IFD&TC is unable to provide travel support, scholarships, or any other kind of monetary support for international attendees.
- Those interested in attending IFD&TC should be sure of their ability to arrange financial support from their own organization before they submit an abstract to our conference.The IFD&TC is a non-profit organization and our only function is to host our annual conference.
- International attendees who wish to present at the conference should submit an abstract during the abstract acceptance window from early November through mid-January each year. Abstracts are reviewed in January, and we notify about acceptance or rejection of abstracts in February by e-mail.
- After you receive your abstract approval e-mail:
- if you require formal documentation for your visa application, please notify Kelly Elver, Co-Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will send you a letter for this purpose by e-mail.
- you should confirm that you have received the letter, and message back with your intention to attend the conference within 30 days, or the offer to present will be withdrawn, and your presentation will be dropped from our program.
- IFD&TC is a small conference organized entirely by volunteers, and accepts the majority of submissions received, so if you find you are unable to obtain a visa or secure your own funding to attend the conference, it is difficult for conference organizers to find a replacement speaker. Please make every effort to attend if you are accepted.
- Finally, you should be aware that all attendees, even those on the program, must register for the conference, pay the registration fee (early rate available until approximately April 15th, full rate afterwards), and arrange for your own travel and hotel accommodations. Please see the upcoming conference page for further information regarding hotel and registration.
Common Registration Issues for International Attendees
- If your credit card is denied, please check with your bank or financial institution to be sure your card allows international purchases. Many do not.
- Our site bills in U.S. dollars, and your bank will convert to your currency at the time they charge your card.